Resource Development and Communications Manager
Coalition for a Better Acre (CBA) is a membership-based community development corporation dedicated to resident empowerment and sustainable community revitalization for current and future residents of Lowell and the Merrimack Valley. As a community development corporation (CDC), CBA is a professional, not-for-profit organization providing economic development, real estate development, and resident empowerment to promote and support our community and region.
The Resource Development and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate CBA’s mission and programs to potential funders.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Resource Development and Communications Manager will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain contact and relationships with foundations, conduct prospect research, and maintain a schedule of grant submissions and reporting deadlines. Communications assignments will include press release, social media posts, monthly e-newsletter creation, editing, and other writing tasks as assigned.
- Conduct research and develop fundraising proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations;
- Assemble and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Maintain donor database and grant tracking system to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports;
- Establish and meet organizational fundraising goals;
- Coordinate and work with Fundraising and Marketing Committee to diversify funding sources;
- Write annual appeal letters and ensure prompt acknowledgements; • Producing annual reports bi-annually;
- Assist Executive Director and the Director of Programming to cultivate relationships with individual and corporate donors;
- Share CBA’s work through social media, e-newsletter, and other communication vehicles;
- Coordinate and staff fundraising events;
- Perform other CBA-related duties as needed.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, research, and time management skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized and have experience researching donors, foundations, and other grant-making opportunities. Candidate must possess an ability to work well under pressure and ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants is a must. A Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experiences are required. Familiarity with Constant Contact and social media platforms a plus.
To Apply Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Pam Miller, CBA Office Manager, at Pamela.Miller@cbacre.org. CBA is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
CBA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.