CBA seeks a Youth Development Coordinator to lead our Youth Educational Success program and develop a new Teen Program to serve the residents of the Acre community. The Youth Development Coordinator’s role will be specializing in working with youth, developing curriculum for two different age groups (ages 6-12 and 13-18), and creating tools and activities to achieve program outcomes. This person will also be supervising two Americorps staff as well as cultivate relationships with new and existing partnerships. This individual will be working under the supervision of the Director of Programs and in partnership with other program staff of CBA.
- Work with the Director of Programming in developing a program budget and manage the resulting program budget responsibly
- Develop a work plan, youth development curriculums, a calendar of activities for respective program
- Conduct program evaluation, data collection, data input into our software, and make adjustments to program based on the data analysis
- Create a case management system for each youth involved in our youth programs
- Manage outreach to neighborhood residents, residents of CBA properties, and CBA members through door knocking, one on one meetings and larger community meetings
- Maintain positive relationship with partners and funders and supply necessary program data to Resource Development Manager
- Cultivate relationships with parents of youth
- Represent CBA in the Lowell community at events, meetings and other public activities
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the organization and find ways to integrate programs with other departments to achieve CBA’s overall goals
- Support other Program Coordinators in their focus areas
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for community-based development, community organizing, youth development, and will have many of the following skills and experiences:
- A passion for youth development and community development
- Program development and supervisory skills
- Three to five years of experience in youth development
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to community–based organizing, campaign development and leadership development
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a responsible and dedicated manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort using technology for organizing, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, computer graphics, and social networking platforms
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or Khmer preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- A. or equivalent in work experience preferred
Send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBA offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.