The Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accounting and reporting for CBA, and its related entities, including cash, preparation of account reconciliations, to ensure that all transactions are prepared in a timely manner. This position requires a strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, real estate development accounting, familiarity with the OMB Super Circular, and a high degree of interaction with the real estate team, vendors and funders.
This position possesses the willingness to assume additional responsibilities, is organized, detail oriented, able to work collaboratively and solve routine problems independently. The position also has strong growth potential.
General Ledger/Financial Reporting
- Prepare and process monthly journal entries. Produce timely monthly financials by 1) reviewing general ledger activity, (2) calculating monthly accruals and prepayments, (3) posting all journal entries and (4) compiling, reviewing, consolidating wholly owned, and distributing final monthly reporting packages for the relevant companies.
- Ensure that monthly income statements reflect budget, actual and variance amounts. Identify significant variances and research explanations for variances. Create and maintain supporting schedules and analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Support and assist the external accounting/audit firms with year-end requirements, ensuring that all audit requested schedules and workpapers are prepared in accordance with agreed upon audit schedule; assist with financial statements and tax returns. Prepare miscellaneous financial reports for various funding agencies, etc.
- Prepare and process deposits and cash transfers as needed. Maintain line of credit activity reports;(if needed) and calculate and post applicable interest on a monthly basis.
- Monitor daily cash balances for significant bank accounts and prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Maintain real estate development set of books. Maintain schedule and provide information and reporting to auditors for related cost certification process. Assist auditors during the cost certification process.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget in consultation with the Director of Finance
- Assist program directors and managers with the preparation of the budgets.
General Accounting Support/Administration
- On-boarding of new hires and processing payroll which presently, is prepared by third-party.
- Processing of accounts payable/receivable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Familiarity with real estate development in a non-profit setting desired.
- Experience working with SAGE 50 preferred.
- Previous experience with month end closing and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience working with GAAP, A-133 audits and familiarity with OMB Super Circular
- Grants management experience as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate, and foundation grants preferred
- Detail oriented team player, accurate, having ability to solve problems
- Strong time management skills to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize workload
- Proactive and strategic thinker who enjoys creating and improving systems and processes
CBA offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Send a cover letter and a copy of your resume email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.